Sunday 25 January 2015

My Lolita Wardrobe 2015

So... yesterday I finally completed my wardrobe post for egl's January theme!

There are a few bits and pieces missing from it, like matching headbows, detachable bows and a ridiculous assortment of detachable waist ties I practically never wear on any of my dresses or skirts, so forgot to attach for the photos.  

Still... I'm quite pleased with my post this time round, and I have greatly improved on my skills in presenting it, even if I did end up having to use my phone's camera part way through! I spread the photo-taking over two separate sunny days when no-one else was home so I could have complete privacy. I think my family would find my wardrobe archiving bizarre, and I didn't want any interruptions during a process I find soothing and therapeutic. Editing photos, uploading photos, and writing up the post, with Fall Out Boy's Save Rock and Roll as my soundtrack, took up my Saturday evening. Oh the relief I felt when I finally finished! 

So without further ado... here is the link to the post! Just click on the photo and it'll take you right there!


I hope you will enjoy it, and I would love to know if any of you did wardrobe posts, too! Leave links in the comments and I'll check them out!  

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your wardrobe [and I'm pretty sure I left you a comment on EGL as well], you've got a lovely range of pieces :)

    Mine's here: http://rolisramblings.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/2015-lolita-wardrobe-post.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Haha yes, you left a sweet comment there, too :)
      I will go have a look at yours now! <3

      Delete
  2. I love your wardrobe! I sound like such a stalker, but it's so much fun seeing how someone's wardrobe changes and grows. It's so inspiring and although I don't yet feel fully confident to create a wardrobe post of my own I keep hoping that one of these years I'll be able to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's not stalkerish at all so don't worry! I think how my presentation of the post has changed is also a fun thing to note. My first wardrobe post looks so drab in comparison to this one XD

      Ahh I would encourage you to go ahead with it, even if you only share it on your own blog or simply have a folder on your computer! It's nice to keep track of your starting point and decide what you'd like to build on next. Doesn't matter if you don't have a lot seeing as we all started with a couple of pieces after all :)

      Delete
  3. You have such a cute wardrobe! And many different items, in my wardrobe nearly everythink has the same color and same Lolita style (pink and Sweet Lolita xD). I'm too lazy to do the wardrobe post but maybe I will do it this week. But I also wouldn't want my family to see how I photographed every single piece of my wardrobe, they would think I'm weird xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it! Yeah, I do try to have a wide variety so that I always have something that matches my mood :) I would love to see you do a wardrobe post!

      Haha I timed my photo-taking very strategically so my family wouldn't know anything about it! Even so, I kept worrying someone would come home unexpectedly and find me balanced on the bed frame, with a camera in my hand, and an incriminating dress laid out on the quilt I placed over a bed in a room that isn't even mine! XD

      Delete
  4. What a lovely wardrobe! You must really like pink, judging from your clothes and the closet itself. Anyway, I think it’s great that you change the contents of your wardrobe once in a while, prioritizing the ones which fit the current season. That said, thank you for letting us view what's inside your closet. Good day!

    Angella Frasier @ 4-Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete