Monday 23 September 2013

Autumn is here!

Hey everyone! It's been a few weeks since I last posted. I was pretty bogged down with getting uni assignments finished in time for the end of term so I didn't have a lot of time (or inspiration) for a blog post.

I'm still feeling pretty uninspired so I thought I'd do a quick post of random little things that have happened.

For starters, I turned twenty! I feel proper old! Well, not really. It's just a little weird not being a teenager any more but I guess I'm ok with it. I had a pretty understated birthday celebration at home with my parents.

Despite my leaving teenagerdom behind, I got the most adorable owl cake!

You can see where I placed the candles before changing my mind. The cake was from Tesco, surprisingly. I never expected to find something so cute there!

Another significant life event is that my laptop died. The hard disk drive was clearly on its way out so I rescued all my data and bought a new laptop-- an Asus X75V. I really love it! I feel kinda sorry for my old Dell Inspiron. It had a complete and utter freakout, making bizarre melodic beeping noises with the screen flashing in rainbow colours! I wouldn't recommend those laptops to anybody. That's the second one I've gotten through in the space of three years.

Next up is a recent coord with one of the handmade skirts I bought at Frock On.

My mum reckons the fully elasticated waist band is unflattering but I love this skirt regardless! Perfect for bittersweet lolita and super comfortable!

In other news, I bought my first tarot deck last week! I decided to go for the Crystal Visions deck because I was incredibly drawn to the rich, feminine artwork. It arrived on Saturday in time for Mabon/ Autumn Equinox and I've been practising ever since.


Don't they look beautiful? I really enjoy the whole process of doing different spreads and interpreting the meanings of the cards. It's very calming.

I've been pretty pleased about the weather lately. It would be nice if it were a bit sunnier, but I've enjoyed the cooler temperatures. It has made me feel as if I need a new coat, though. The only lolita-specific coat I own is black, so it would be nice to have one in pink or even white but I haven't seen any that I like or think are worth the price lately. The other thing I've been eyeing up lately are bonnets! I think I'll take the plunge and see if they suit me or not.

That's about all that's been going on with me lately! I have a lolita meet to look forward to on Saturday so I need to prepare my coord for that!

Thanks for reading, and see you next time 

2 comments:

  1. Aw, belated happy birthday, girl! :) That cake is soooo pretty!!!! :D And I love your skirt! It's absolutely gorgeous! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear! I loved that cake so much! It was really yummy, too :) And thank you!

      Delete